Course Contents – Recover 4wd Vehicle – FWPCOT3260
Plan 4×4 Recovery
- Survey site to identify hazards, assess risks and select suitable strategy.
- Select personal protective equipment appropriate to type of recovery operation.
- Inform appropriate personnel of location.
- Determine potential environmental impact of recovery.
Apply Safe Recovery Method
- Establish and maintain communications with appropriate personnel during recovery operations.
- Determine recovery method based on the terrain conditions and circumstances.
- Consider operating variables, define danger zone and apply strategies to reduce risk and environmental impact during recovery.
- Determine the recovery equipment required and its availability. 2.5 Set up an exclusion zone.
Repair environmental damage where possible.
Use Vehicle Recovery Equipment
- Identify hazards and position recovery equipment safely.
- Use safe operating procedures while using recovery equipment.
- Use rated recovery equipment within limitations and capabilities.
Maintain Vehicle Recovery equipment
- Carry out maintenance on recovery equipment
- Document equipment maintenance according to organisational procedures.
Related Courses -