Course Contents – SISODRV405A
- Survey site and identify hazards, assess risk and define danger zones according to operating variables.
- Select a suitable recovery strategy and apply risk management strategies according to relevant legislation and organisational policies and procedures.
- Access rated recovery equipment suitable to selected recovery method and apply strategies to ensure safe use according to organisational policies and procedures and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Apply strategies to reduce environmental impact during recovery.
Use a recovery or snatch strap.
- Determine specific hazards associated with use of recovery or snatch straps.
- Identify recovery points and prepare vehicle for recovery.
- Coordinate recovery of a vehicle on a steep incline using recovery or snatch straps.
- Complete post-recovery vehicle and equipment checks.
Use a winch to recover a four wheel drive vehicle.
- Identify specific hazards associated with winch recoveries.
- Prepare vehicles for a winch recovery after identification of recovery points.
- Establish safe ground anchor points in different terrain conditions.
- Use pulley blocks to give a mechanical advantage and change the direction of the winch.
- Use a tree trunk protector when using a tree as an anchor point.
- Operate winch to recover vehicle.
Use jacks to prepare vehicle for recovery.
- Identify specific hazards associated with the use of jacks.
- Demonstrate safe positioning of jacks..
- Apply safe operating procedures when using a jack to lift a vehicle according to organisational policies and procedures and manufacturer’s specifications.
Maintain vehicle recovery equipment.
- Apply maintenance procedures for recovery equipment.
- Document equipment and vehicle maintenance according to organisational policies and procedures.
Related Courses -